Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Profile


Peter Langlands
Based in Christchurch New Zealand I am a professional independent ornithologist who loves exploring my regions wild spaces. I have been birding in Canterbury since 1980 and have added five new bird species to NZ checklist. I am actively involved in conservation advocacy and protection of important habitats for birds throughout Canterbury. I also do research and have recently completed the National database of bittern records in New Zealand for the Department of Conservation and have completed three years of monitoring of the breeding success of wrybills- an endangered and iconic bird that breeds in the Canterbury Region. I can provide detailed location information or customised bird watching information packages complete with maps and GPS information. Guided trips by arrangement are also available. I am linked in with a wide range of birdwatchers and Ornithologists throughout New Zealand. I am also trained in SLR- technical bird photography. Bird photography tours are also available. E:Langlands@xtra.co.nz Cell- 0274 501 916


Photo credit to Dave Hansford-
Origin Natural History Media

No comments:

Post a Comment